Monday 31 July 2017

Week 1 - Reflective Journal





The pre-session activity of first week we were asked to introduce ourselves and share anything that might be of interest to other students in the group. This activity has foster me to reflect on what I have learnt or inspired from the recent trip to Europe. One of the reason that I love traveling is because it provides great opportunities to see and feel what is happening outside of my hometown and Australia. Although I did not particularly focus on learning about sustainability as I travel, other countries have been working on it since a long time ago. The two examples I shared on moodle were just the most obvious example that I instantly thought of when the question is being asked. However I am sure there are lot more about sustainability that is happening around us which has reflected from the examples that were posed by everyone on moodle.


This activity has inspired me to question: How green is Australia? How green is Hong Kong? Why are we seems to be so much behind than the other countries?  



I was curious about my ecological footprint after seeing Abdullah's post. It was disappointing to know that 2.6 planet Earths are needed to support my lifestyle. Shelter and food causes the most footprint from my results. I assume this is a sign that I should start eating more local and unpackaged food, and more walking!  

References: 

No comments:

Post a Comment